Now that you are aware of the meaning of this kind of inspection, let’s take a quick look at the benefits associated with the inspection
- The product inspection services help you achieve good quality batches. In fact, the import/export quality of the products is one notch higher when you have conducted these inspections at the supplier’s end
- Imagine when the batch reaches the end market, and then the receiver realizes that the batch is faulty, the amount of time and money that is wasted. With the inspection, you can guarantee on the quality of the batch and save a lot of time in the to-fro that happens as a result of faulty batches
Standards for inspections
- When you are conducting pre shipment inspections for the consumer goods, you need to follow the acceptance quality limit procedure. What this means is that there is a certain number of defects that is considered acceptable in a batch of products being checked. The batch is not entirely rejected if the number of defects matches the AQL number. However, the number and the statistical method used to define it can be customized to suit your needs
- The testing method follows a sampling plan method, where select samples are collected, and tested to identify the number of defects that exist. These samples are selected randomly. The sampling procedure allows you to know how the entire batch might be, and would give you a fair idea into the quality. This is the best standard procedure that you can follow if you have to inspect the batch at a time when your shipping dates are nearing
- Classification of the defects is an important and standardized procedure that helps measure the different quality aspects of a product. The defects are majorly divided into critical, major and minor defects. There is an acceptance quality defined for each one of them.
- The application for the inspection and related documents should be in place for all the inspection activities carried out. You need to have a declaration form as well as a cross referenced cheque in place for these activities
- The inspection certificate is a must as that will help imply the quality of the products and services. There should be a rejection note attached with the quality inspection.
- You should be able to appeal for the rejection as well.