When Do Car Shipping Prices Go Up?
This is the most frequently asked question and a very important one as well. Everyone wants to save as much money as they can on their car shipping cost. Therefore, knowing the factors contributing to the increase in cost to ship a car will help you avoid paying hefty sums for something that could’ve been done in way less. So the main reason behind an increase in car transport cost is:
Increase in Demand:
This is the law of demand and supply; it states that when the supply is limited, the cost goes up. This mostly happens during the times when a lot of activity is happening around the U.S; people are all over the place. They want to move from one city/state to another and take their vehicles with them for ease of transport. Here are a few reasons for the increase in demand:
- Snowbirds: When the winter is around the corner, usually at the start of November, snowbirds (people who migrate to warmer regions during winters) move to places with higher temperatures like Florida and Texas from areas with dropping temperatures like Maine, Wyoming, and even Canada. So you can expect an increase in the car transport cost from the month of November which will keep going up till the initial weeks of January.
- Vacations: During summer vacations, people tend to move a lot. They go on all sorts of trips involving inter-city and interstate moves. Because of this, they ship their vehicles to their destination and travel by plane or bus. This increases the demand for car transport, leading to an increase in costs.
- Holidays: During December, many people visit their family and friends out of the city or state. They have their vehicles shipped there as well, which also increases the demand. This is the reason once the cost to ship a car starts increasing in November, it keeps going up till January.
Now comes the part you’ve been waiting for – when does the car transport cost come down? Well, it happens a few times throughout the year. And if you are lucky enough to be moving during the same times, you can save a few hundred bucks depending on where you’re going and the type of service you are buying. That said, the main reason for the drop in vehicle transport cost is:
Increase in Supply:
The supply increases because car transport companies have more carriers coming to them looking for work. This happens when people are busy with their life, work and other activities and moving to other cities or states is not really on their mind – they simply don’t have time for that. Here are a few seasons when it happens:
- Pre and Mid-Autumn: From August all the way to the end of September, the vehicle transport industry is pretty slow. This is because the vacations are over and people are busy with their office and studies. Only those relocating to a new location get car shipping service, and they are nothing these companies can handle, so they’re not overloaded with work.
- Tax Season: From the mid of January to the mid of April, people are busy doing their taxes and taking out a chunk of money from their budgets to pay Uncle Sam. This is when they don’t really want to spend money on moving their vehicles to other cities if they’re traveling there. They’ll either drive or leave the car behind and take public transport.
If you can wait, it’s a good idea to move a car during the autumn and tax season. Or, if you need to ship a car during the busy seasons, make sure to book a slot early, before the time the demand starts to pick up.
You’ll still get a good bargain compared to when moving when there’s chaos in the auto shipping industry.
For More Information About Shipping Cost Calculator, Shipping Companies, Shipping Car To Hawaii